The Palazzina Liberty is located at the centre of Largo Marinai d’Italia gardens, near the new monumental fountain by Francesco Somaini.
The result of a careful study on full and empty spaces highlighted by the vast window, the building is peculiar for its Art Nouveau façade and for the decorations of ceramic tiles. Designed in 1908 by architect Alberto Migliorini within the old Verziere of Corso XXII Marzo, the historical fruit and vegetable market, it was used as a café-restaurant and as a meeting point for merchants. In 1965 the market moved to via Lombroso and the building remained empty until the 1970s, when it became the headquarters of the Dario Fo and Franca Rame theater group. In 1980 the Municipality decided to earmark the space to recreative and cultural events, starting the renovation work. The Palazzina Liberty thus regained its original function and architectural elegance and, in 1992, it was given back to the city.
Today it hosts the Civica Orchestra di Fiati and the Casa della Poesia as well as concerts, encounters, conferences, fashion shows, theatre performances and cultural events, as well as the musical season of the Orchestra Milano Classica. It is used on a daily basis by the Civica Orchestra.