Two distinct itineraries characterize the rooms of Palazzo Morando Attendolo Bolognini, an 18th century mansion at 6, via Sant'Andrea.
The first floor hosts the Picture Gallery: a collection of paintings, sculptures and prints originated in 1934 when the Municipality acquired the collection of Luigi Beretta. It is a testimony to the urban and social evolution of Milan between the second half of the 17th century and the first years of the 19th century. In the adjacent spaces, the main areas of the mansion have been reconstructed. The evocative itinerary documents the taste for house furnishing back in the 18th Century. A core of decorations, furniture and objects recently restored to their original aspect through the painstaking recovery of collections spread among several external deposits. In January 2010 the new arrangement of the spaces of Palazzo Morando was finally unveiled in order to give new visibility to the extraordinary heritage of both the Museo di Milano and the Raccolte d'Arti Applicate, the nucleus of the historical and artistic collections of the Municipality. The new arrangements have added value to the textile heritage of the Raccolte Storiche and also to the collection of clothes, accessories and uniforms preserved in the deposits of the Raccolte d'Arti Applicate of the Castello Sforzesco that found the right placement in these rooms.
The Palazzo offers spaces of various measures, including a hall fit for conferences and readings as well as an elegant courtyard in style, ideal for open-air events.